Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- Color is Fun! 2010.01.19
- Is it Paint or is it Memorex?: 2010.01.18
- From Jerry Waese's Hands to Mine 2010.01.17
- We Sit Quietly and Meditate at the Beginning and E...
- We Had a Record Turn Out for Kan Geiko at East Bay...
- Aikido is About Connection 2010.01.14
- We Start Aikido Class With Stretches 2010.01.13
- Kan Geiko 2010.01.12
- Variations Converge 2010.01.11
- Stop, Thief! 2010.01.10