Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- It's Hot, I'm Wilted
- Some of my More Colorful Ancestors
- I Come From Remulac, a Small Town in Southern Fran...
- Bull-headed and Pig-nosed
- Revisiting the Hall of my Ancestors
- When I Don't Get Enough Sleep, I Get Dark Eyes
- Why Did I Make Such an Early Appointment Yesterday...
- Why Did I Schedule an 8:00 AM Appointment?
- Four Quick Studies for 'Albany Bowl'
- In the Mirror World (Final)