Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- Quick Study Quickly Revised
- Quick Study for 'Sitting on the Rugs at Ikea'
- Shopping for Rugs at Ikea
- A Little Fuzzy Around the Edges...
- Still at the factory
- Posing at the Factory
- Crooked Smile or Crooked Frown, You Decide!
- Big Orange Schnozz
- Blind and Semi-Blind (Peeking)
- Organs, Organs, Where are my Organs?