Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- On the Couch at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- I Was the Only One Who Had Not Been Up. and Playin...
- My Night Cap Keeps Me Warm (Even in the Morning)
- Silly Sleeping Hat and Philodendron
- Drawn With My Eyes Closed, Close to Midnight
- Some Nights I'm So Tired, My Eyes Glaze Over
- I Wanted to Lay Down Between the Carved Dogs...
- Had Anyone Noticed How Long I Was in the Bathroom ...
- My Plane Was 3 Hours Late; While I Waited, I Liste...
- Logan Airport Provided Wooden Rocking Chairs, I Sa...