Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- Even Solomon in all His Glory
- Yesterday We Went for a Walk by the 4th St. Bridge...
- We're Having Fun at East Bay Aikido
- Diane and I Were Fooling Around at EBA
- The Odd Parking Structure and Its Shadows Seemed t...
- Aunt Dottie Knows my Taste in Clothes!
- Crossing the Bridge Over the Fens, from Wilderness...
- Dang, That Hurt! (It Wasn't Godzilla - I Cut Mysel...
- It Was Godzilla.. But I Was Not Afraid!
- We Went for a walk at Fort Mason