Artist, Analyst, Aikidoist, Alexander Technique Teacher-Trainee. Artist: I've been living, working and exhibiting in the San Francisco Bay Area for almost 20 years. My subject matter ranges from portraits of people and animals to almost abstract paintings of plant forms and light. I paint in oil, acrylics, & watercolors, with oil paintsticks and watercolor markers, and with digital media such as pressure-sensitive tablet and Studio Artist software. I draw with anything I can get my hands on - sticks on wet sand and fingers on frosted windows, chunks of wood freshly burnt into charcoal and children's toys such as etch-a-sketch and magna-doodle. I also take landscape, figure, animal and street photographs, have played with printmaking (mostly monoprints) and have dabbled with sculpture in steel, wood, clay and neon.
An essay on My Daily Portrait Project
See more of my work onFlickr!
- Was it a Bus Stop?
- Heroically Posed with the Bicycle Delivery Cart
- Home with a Cold, in a Sea of Stripes (Final)
- Home with a Cold, in a Sea of Stripes (Second Inks...
- Home with a Cold, in a Sea of Stripes (First Inks)...
- Home with a Cold, in a Sea of Stripes (Pencil)
- Shadow on Studio Floor
- Dim Classroom
- Flashback to 2001
- Friday's Alexander Technique Exchange